Thursday, October 2, 2008

Only 10 more weeks left!

Ten weeks from now I will be holding my one day old son! I can't believe I have just under 10 weeks left. Oh, so much to do until then. So much organizing, painting, shopping-oh boy!
Sydney is constantly kissing and hugging my belly, she is so excited to have a baby brother although I wonder if she will really be this excited when he arrives. Her whole world is going to change.

Week 29:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments: