Thursday, October 23, 2008

Week 32

Week 32 already. Things are going well. I am definitely getting more uncomfortable and as much as I would love to meet the little man, we're just not quite ready yet. This weekend I will be doing some much needed cleaning-Sydney's closet is still stuffed to the gills with my old stuff. That is my #1 project right now. The weekend after Mam-o will be here and we are going to work on the little man's room.

I've had a yucky cough for about a week and a half now. No fun. I've still been getting sick a couple mornings a week also. All in all, this pregnancy has been really good to me and I am just treasuring my last few weeks of being pregnant since this is most likely my last pregnancy. I am 99% sure on that one. Honestly, if I could be promised a little girl just like Sydney for our third child than we would consider another. It's just the unknown I am worried about. I also prefer that the kids don't have to share bedrooms, and the bedroom downstairs is just too far away for my comfort level. I can't imagine having Sydney all the way down there.

My week 32 appointment was this week and everything is going well. My blood pressure is still normal and the heartbeat was at 137. It was a pretty quick appointment and I start going in every two weeks now.

Here's the baby update....

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments: