Friday, July 25, 2008

Boy or Girl?

The most common question I get is whether I want a boy or girl.
The answer is...I don't really care!
Okay, I know everyone says that but really I don't care, in fact I am torn on what I want.

I absolutely love having a little girl, so having another one would be terrific. I always wished I had a sister so it would be great to have sisters as children. Plus we already have girl things-nearly all of Sydney's old clothes and even the nursery wouldn't have to be re-done. And in all honesty-boys scare me a bit. They are just a bit more rambunctious than girls. Okay, I know not every boy is like this but many are and it makes me a smidge nervous.

Then I start thinking that since this is our last child, one of each would be great. I am sure my baby boy would be perfect (ahem) and I know Anthony would love having a little boy. I would love having a mini-Anthony, he was pretty much the cutest little boy ever. And it might be good for me to have a boy. I've never even changed a boy's diaper. How does that work??? LOL

So there you have it-either way I feel blessed. Boy or girl, I know this child will be amazing just like his or her big sister. And this baby will complete our family.

Six more days is the big ultrasound....I cannot wait! This week is going to go soooo slow.

3 comments:

FlyingCats said...

Well, you know I hope you have a boy so I can scoop all your adorable girl stuff...ha ha ha. Just think - Sydney's in Anthony's back pocket. A little boy would be all yours... :-)

Georgia said...

ya, i would say a boy is a tad' more rowdy!! lol, but, on the other hand..my D is the worlds biggest mamma's boy snuggle bug so i guess it works out!! Im excited to hear what your having!!

Kellye said...

Oh take my word for it...boys are GREAT! I never saw myself as loving having boys and yes they are definitely more rowdy....but gosh....OH! I just love me some boys!!! Diapers are pretty easy too....just be sure to duck and cover till you get the hang of it! =)