Wednesday, July 30, 2008

20 more hours or so...

In 20 more hours we will know if we are having a boy or girl if the baby cooperates...seriously, can the time go any slower? I will admit, patience is not one of my strong points. I just can't believe we will know tomorrow, and by this time tomorrow I will most likely have a cute new outfit for baby...haha.

I've been feeling movement and fluttering for the past couple of weeks. This baby is a night owl and moves around mostly at night like Sydney did. I have to say I love the movement though, it really makes everything feel real. Sydney loves talking to baby and gives her baby big hugs and kisses daily. She is going to be such a good big sis.

Here's the week 20 update on baby:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

2 comments:

FlyingCats said...

Call or text me tomorrow as soon as you know (and let VIPs know first, of course!)

I am so excited! I love the feeling of the baby moving! I think I even felt some hiccups this morning. But, that little squirt quits moving whenever I try to get V to feel.

Did I mention I am really excited????

Kristin said...

Um, me first! See, look, you're gonna start a fight amongst your friends! Seriously, though, I'm dying to know, so don't waste too much time before you make your 5,000 phone calls and texts! I'm so excited for you! I sure wish you were as excited as I am... ;)