Saturday, November 8, 2008

34 weeks and crazy dreams

I am halfway through my 34th week. Yowza, it's going fast! Let's see, the baby weighs nearly 5 pounds and is about 18 inches long. Hard to believe he is that big in my belly. Sydney is kind enough to remind me that my belly is getting bigger and bigger and bigger...

I have had some crazy dreams. Quite honestly, I remember most of my dreams pretty vividly the next morning and I always have weird dreams. Maybe a tad bit stranger while being prego. I've had a couple about the baby. Then a few weeks ago I had a dream that I was Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. I was me but as thin as Carrie (yes please) and Big bought me a dress. And then he wanted to make out in his towncar and that's when I realized I was prego and not thin like Carrie. I politely explained I was married and pregnant.

The other night I had a dream that Anthony had someone else on the side...a man. Yup. I told Anthony this dream and well-I think he thinks I am crazy. LOL. Poor guy. If you don't know Anthony, then you don't realize he is a guy's guy and this thought need not enter my mind ever again.
What I dream most about is Death Cab for Cutie. Yes, the band that features Chris Walla who I went to school with. I literally dream about them twice a week. Usually I am just chatting with Chris. A couple months ago my dream entailed Chris asking me to go on a motorcycle ride with him and his friends through California. I explained that I was married and pregnant and this was probably not a good idea.
The one I had two nights ago took place at an Albertsons, where Chris was working in the frozen food section. I was trying to convince him to play another show since they are coming to town the night before I am scheduled to give birth and I really want to see them live one day. Then I convinced him to let me hang out backstage at the next concert. And I worked on him and his band to play our next high school reunion...in five years.

So yeah, that's what is going on here. The heartburn is still a major pain, and I am still getting sick a couple times a week. I had a hot flash today which I haven't had since I was prego with Sydney. Thank goodness for the air conditioner we still have hooked up in our bedroom.

1 comment:

FlyingCats said...

I think you need to cut off the ice cream before bed....lol. I had the weirdest dreams too....